Your donation will help us continue to provide a platform that amplifies young voices and generates useful, informative, and credible content.
Through the bi-monthly publication of our online magazine and social media presence, including initiatives such as our upcoming webcast series and suicide prevention program, your donation will go a long way in helping us make a positive difference in the lives of young people.
If you would like to make a donation, we accept e-transfer or cheque. If your organization is interested in becoming a corporate sponsor or patron, please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Email your questions to our Art Editor, Dawn Miller: email@example.com
Sending in a submission?
Please make sure to fill out our submission/consent form here. Thank you!
HOW TO SUBMIT
Are you a young writer, artist, or musician? We want to hear from you!
We currently accept short stories, poems, music, short videos, and visual art. We are dedicated to finding fresh, creative, original work, and want to see what you've got! While we cannot publish every submission, we encourage you to Interested? Please review our submission guidelines here.
We accept submissions year round. However, the deadline for each issue is two weeks before publication unless otherwise specified. We publish six issues a year in: December, February, April, June, August and October.
Did you know?
While Inspire Magazine is focused on youth and young adult engagement, our audience demographic is diverse. Parents, educators, caregivers and older adults also enjoy and use our content. We are based in and serve Northumberland County, Ontario, but our reach goes much further: we pull in readers from across Ontario, other provinces and other countries.
Who is reading Inspire & following us on social media?
Young aspiring musicians & artists.
Teens & young adults struggling with mental health issues
Social justice advocates
Educators, care-givers and like-minded non-profits.
A few more quick facts about our readers since we launched in October of 2019: currently 80% are from Canada, 14.17% from the U.S. & 5.8 % are from other countries. Approximately 70% are female and 30% are male, the majority of our readers & followers are between the ages of 13 - 34. 61.2% are referred from social media, 30.9% access the site directly and 7.9% are from a referral or search engine.
The top four pages on the site for the Dec./Jan. issue are: 1) The Home Page 2) Inspire Interview 3) Hot Topics and 4) Inspire Studio. *Sources: Google analytics, Instagram.
Interested in exploring an opportunity to advertise and/or become a sponsor? Look over the information below and contact our Marketing Manager, Doug Bates at:
A basic listing with a heading and link is FREE to all relevant, youth resources.
Enhanced listing with logo or photo, link to your site and a brief description of resource: $30/issue or $160/6 issues.
KATIE'S CARE KIT SPONSORS
Katie's Care kits are an emotional first aid/self care kit designed for young people. You can sponsor kits that are already branded with our messaging, or add your own to some of the products! We also offer options to add your own existing promotional items to the kits and/or create a custom care kit specific to your organization & needs. Prices for the basic, kits (our branding) start at $12 per mini kit and $25 per Classic Kit, minimum order of 20 kits per sponsor.
The Mini Kit: contains a lip balm, tiny notebook, emergency numbers & resources, & positivity pencil all packaged in an eco-friendly, drawstring cotton bag.
Classic Kit: contains a lip balm, kraft journal, 2 positivity pencils, cozy socks, & postcard with emergency numbers & resources, packaged in a cotton drawstring bag.
COMMISSION A "HOT TOPIC"!
Is there a topic or area of interest about which you are passionate? Something you feel strongly should be addressed in our Hot Topics section? You can sponsor an article on a specific topic, in consultation with our team, and we will write an article which specifically addresses your issue. You can choose to do this anonymously or have your sponsorship recognized on the page, with a logo and link to your company or organization website.
Cost: $250 for a 500 word article.
* Please note: This is not an advertorial option. All articles must be a good fit with our mandate to "inform, educate and inspire young people" and must be pre-approved by our Editor in Chief.
Editor in Chief
KEY PAGE AD
Your company logo with a link to your website, featured as a sponsor on one of our key pages. We will feature only one company brand per key page per issue. Your linked image will also be promoted on our social feeds every time we promote that page on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Landing page: $200 per issue or $1000 for 6 consecutive issues
Other Key Pages: $100/issue or $500 for 6 consecutive issues.
Your company logo with a link to your website, featured as a sponsor on one of our sub pages, such as: any individual "Hot Topic" article, the feature article, Poet's Corner, our design competition, etc.
$50/issue or $270/6 issues.
Work with our team to select the advertising options that best suit your needs, including possibilities such as: commissioning Feature Articles or “Hot Topics” written with your input and direction, sponsoring an "Inspire Studio" event or contest curated to fit your specific criteria, adding additional social media promotion.
Together we will tailor a partnership package specifically for your company or organization.
Ever wanted to be a patron of the arts? Now you can! Sponsor a fiction or poetry writing contest (or theme), a design competition or a music interview in the Inspire Studio section.
Studio sponsorships are curated to suit your specific ideas and requirements, we will sit down with you and come up with a custom package and price.
1. All submissions must be accompanied by a completed submission form.
2. You must be between the ages of 12 - 19 to submit your work to the Inspiration section.
3. Flash Fiction & Poetry Theme. We have a suggested theme every issue, however you are always welcome to submit other work! Submissions should be under 1,000 words.
4. Hot Topics: Anyone (all ages) can submit an article for consideration in the Hot Topics section. Articles should be 500 words or less and must be a good fit with our publication. Is their an issue you're passionate about? Send us an article. And don't forget to check out the Hot Topics section for ideas!
5. Requesting anonymity. If, due to the personal nature of a piece, you don’t want your name published, please let us know when submitting your work. We will respect your request and not publish your name (we can also use initials only) in print or online, but we must still have accurate name and address information for every contributor.
6. Subject Matter. Keep it positive! This doesn’t mean you should avoid tough issues or controversial topics. However, we encourage you to end the story with a hopeful message if at all possible.
7. Suggested rating for all content: “14A”. Keep your main audience in mind (12 - 19) and avoid using hurtful language, hate speech, graphic images or violent content. Offensive entries will not be considered for publication. All work should be consistent with our mandate to "educate, inform and inspire" young people and will be selected and published at the discretion of our editors.
8. All written work should be submitted as follows: in a Word document, Times New Roman font, 12 point size, with minimal formatting (no headers/footers/graphics etc).
9. Editing. Editing is an important part of the writing process and we want you to show your best work! Free, professional editing services are offered for all written pieces selected for publication.
8. Visual art & photography. We accept digital submissions only, please do not send us the original piece. Visual art should be photographed at a good resolution, and sent as a .jpg file of your image. If you need advice on photographing your work, give us a shout!
9. Music. Please send your work as a .wav file or use sound cloud link.
10. Plagiarism. Inspire has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism. Just don't!
11. If your work is selected for publication, you will be notified.
12. Send us your best stuff! We can't wait to see it.