Our recent challenge "The Face of Courage", is online in the Inspire Gallery.
You can view the gallery here.
Current Theme: Into the Wild
1. Theme & Deadline. While this is a great theme for young photographers and visual artists, we are looking for submissions in any genre. You may interpret the theme any way you wish, with the aim of inspiring others. This doesn’t mean you should avoid tough issues, controversial topics or images. But we encourage you to ultimately share a hopeful message if possible. Deadline for submissions: November13th, 2020.
2. Medium: We will consider submissions in any creative discipline, but please send us digital files only! Creative writing, Poetry, Visual Art , Video, Music, etc.
3. All submissions must be accompanied by a completed submission form.
4. You must be between the ages of 12 - 19 to submit your work to the Inspire Challenge, but all young artists, no matter where you live in the world, are encouraged to submit.
5. Requesting anonymity. If, due to the personal nature of a piece, you don’t want your name published, please let us know when submitting your work. We will respect your request and not publish your name (we can also use initials only) in print or online, but we must still have accurate name and address information for every contributor.
6. Suggested rating for all content: “14A”. Keep your main audience in mind (12 - 19) and avoid using hurtful language, hate speech, graphic images or violent content. Offensive entries will not be considered for publication. All work should be consistent with our mandate to "educate, inform and inspire" young people and will be selected and published at the discretion of our editors.
7. Editing. Editing is an important part of the writing process and we want you to show your best work! Free, professional editing services are offered for all written pieces selected for publication.
8. Format for submissions. Written submissions: All written work should be submitted in a Word document, Times New Roman font, 12 point size, with minimal formatting (no headers/footers/graphics etc). Visual art & photography: we accept digital submissions only, please do not send us the original piece. Visual art should be photographed at a good resolution, and sent as a .jpg file of your image. If you need advice on photographing your work, give us a shout! Music: please send your work as a .wav file or use sound cloud link.
9. If your work is selected for publication, you will be notified.
10. Send us your best stuff! We can't wait to see it.